Our passion is supporting you through the first 1000 days of your babies’ life.
From conception 270 days, 1st year of life 365 days and 2nd year of life 365. This is the most important time in their lives with regards to development by the age 2 years 80% of brain development is completed and around 2-3 years the gut microbiome is set for the rest of their lives. Aiding you in your parenting journey and empowering you to be capable, competent and strong.
Doing your antenatal visits from 16 weeks to prepare you for your home delivery! Monitoring your pregnancy, and the well-being of your baby and you!
- 12 week (Sonar and bloods for Down-syndrome if wanted at private gynae)
- Your first Midwife visit will be at 16 weeks
- 20 week with midwife or Anatomical sonar with gynae
- 24 weeks with midwife
- 28 weeks with midwife
- 32 week with midwife
- 36 weeks with midwife and sonar ( Private or with Gynae)
- 38 weeks with midwife
- 39 weeks with midwife
- 40 weeks with midwife
- 41 weeks with midwife
Antenatal Birth Preparation Workshop
We do antenatal workshops to prepare you and your birth partner for your pregnancy journey, birth, breastfeeding and looking after your baby when he or she arrives. This can be done via Zoom or in group classes
Some of our Topic we discuss:
- Normal body changes
- Pregnancy niggles
- Date & Way of birth
- Danger signs in pregnancy
Birth & labour
- Signs of Labour
- Hormones involved
- Stages of Normal delivery
- Caesarean sections
- Pain management
Postnatal & Baby care
- Newborn rashes
- Basic care of newborn and bath
- The ultimate birth partner
Postnatal Support & Stimulation Classes
Stimulating and growing your babies‘ brain through play! Also a support group for mother! The classes focus on helping your baby reach development milestones according to his or her own pace!
Home & Waterbirths
Delivering in the comfort of your own home in the presence of a healthy, uncomplicated pregnancy. We will be there for you every step of the way to encourage and support you physically, emotionally and psychologically.
We are here for your family 24/7 to support you on this journey and labour. We want you to safely take back control of your birth story.
This is a scary, amazing life-changing event in your life and you should be treated with dignity and respect and decide who should provide for you and where you want to birth within safe guidelines.
Why choose a midwife-led delivery?
- We walk a road with you and your family as the care provider.
- Creating a safe, caring environment.
- In the comfort of their own home.
- Better and instant bonding with your new bundle of joy.
- Your baby is instantly in their safe home environment and directly integrated into the family.
- We stay throughout your journey and we also support your family.
- Minimising unnecessary medical interventions.
- The Midwife will do home visits after birth to help you and your family ease the transition.
- We as midwives have your best interest at heart, we try to stay on the path of your birth plan as far as possible and will intervene only when urgent medical attention is required.
- We as midwives work within strict guidelines to ensure safe care for our mothers and babies.
From the first latch in the golden hour until the end of your journey we would like to assist you in having an amazing breastfeeding experience. Helping you to get a good start to your breastfeeding journey and assist you with any problem you might experience! This is our passion!!
Breastfeeding is an intimate experience between you and your baby and holds so many special moments. It is providing the ultimate nutrition for your baby. Breastmilk is dynamic and an adapting living substance ensuring every nutritional and immunity need of your baby is met.
Having problems during your breastfeeding journey like cracked nipples and mastitis is NOT normal and seeking professional help with a breastfeeding consultant can prevent these problems. Seek help as soon as possible after birth as this will assist you in ensuring a correct latch and the correct knowledge and skills to prevent any of these complications.
Breastfeeding is such a blessing and privilege!
Why choose a Lactation consultant?
- We assist you in having a correct latch from the start.
- Equip you with knowledge and skills to have a long successful breastfeeding journey.
- We teach you how and when to pump.
- Assist you when going back to work, how to manage your supply and breastfeeding.
- How to have an amazing life and social life while breastfeeding fit into this life.
- Weight management of your baby.
We want you to have a breastfeeding experience, avoiding problems and that it will be an experience you would never forget, filled with special moments in bonding and providing for your baby and that you would never look back.
Spoil someone with a Lactation Consultation voucher as a baby shower gift or any gift assisting yourself or someone you know in having an amazing breastfeeding experience.
“Boxes of Love” Stimulation Boxes
Various activities in each box for stimulating your little one. It helps your little one in reaching their developmental milestones.
If you are interested in stimulating your little one and developing his / her brain, Boxes of Love is definitely worth it! Each Boxes of Love is composed by a specialized Midwife and NICU sister. Each one specially and lovingly packed for your little one!
The Boxes of Love is available in both English and Afrikaans.
Self-collection in Montana, Pretoria is free or extra cost for door-to-door delivery nationwide.
Boxes of Love (0 – 24 months) – R250 each
- 0-3 Months: 2 Boxes with various activities
- 4-6 Months: 2 Boxes with various activities
- 7-14 Months: 2 boxes with various activities
- 15-24 Months: 3 boxes with various activities
Boxes of Love (2 – 5 years) – R350 each
- 2-3 Years: 2 Boxes with various activities
- 3-4 Years: 2 Boxes with various activities
- 4-5 Years: 2 boxes with various activities